top of page

Seniors... FASFA information

If you or your child plans to attend post-secondary education next year, you both should fill out the FASFA as soon as possible. They award aid on a first-come first serve basis. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the form you need to fill out to get any financial aid from the federal government to help pay for college. Each year, over 13 million students who file the FAFSA get more than $120 billion in grants, work-study, and low-interest loans from the U.S. Department of Education.

Lots of states and colleges also use the FAFSA to determine which students get financial aid—and how much they’ll get. The FAFSA asks for information about you and your family’s finances, including tax returns, so you’ll need your parents’ help to complete it. You and your parent that claims you will have to have an account.

Go to:

Click create an account. You will need an account and so will the parent that claims you. Make sure and use a personal email not a school email. You will need this email as you go through college.

7 views0 comments